The Kansas Department of Transportation (KDOT) has now closed several roads in southwest Kansas at the Kansas-Oklahoma state line at the request of Oklahoma. The following roads are closed southbound at t.he state line, but remain open in Kansas
- US-54 west of Liberal
- US-56 at Elkhart
- US-83 at Liberal
- K-25 in Stevens County
- K-23 in Meade County
These roads are closed to traffic entering Oklahoma. In addition, the following roads in southwest Kansas remain closed due to blowing and drifting snow:
- U.S. 160 from Meade to Coldwater
- U.S. 283 from the Kansas-Oklahoma state line to Minneola
- U.S. 183 from the Kansas-Oklahoma state line to Coldwater
- U.S. 183 from Kiowa/Comanche county line to Kiowa/Edwards county line
- K 34 from the jct. of U.S. 160/U.S. 183/K-34, north to Bucklin
Driving conditions are hazardous and visibility is extremely low.
In addition, many roads in southwest Kansas and eastward are snow packed and icy, including U.S. 50 from Cimarron to Newton and U.S. 54 from Liberal to Pratt. Use caution if traveling and check road conditions first. Call 5-1-1 or go online to www.kandrive.org .