Legislative Update & Coffee with Mitch Holmes & Marshall Christmann Saturday, April 19th – 9:00 am Pratt Community College – Riney Student Center, Rooms 312-314. Coffee, juice and cinnamon rolls will be served.
Ribbon Cutting – The Storm Cellar Pub & Grub Thursday, April 24th – 12 Noon 701 E. First
Sacred Heart School Boosters – Annual Wine Tasting. April 27th 3:00-6:00 p.m. @ the Pribil’s Home 20391 S. 281, Pratt Must be 21 – Wines & Gourmet hor d’oeuvres Tickets are $60 with a maximum of 70 tasters Contact: Bekki Pribil 388-0577 [email protected] or Vicky Maetchlen 770-0259
Pratt Adventure – presented by The Pratt Health Foundation & Pratt Health Coalition Saturday, May 17th – 9:00 am Lemons Park FREE COMMUNITY EVENT!! There will be a 5K competitive run, a 5K bicycle adventure, a 3K run adventure and a 1K walk adventure. Adventure participants will collect adventure numbers and the participant with the highest score will win $100 in each category. Preregister to: [email protected] before May 9th for a $25 drawing Questions? Call (620) 672-6411
South Wind Hospice Purse Auction Saturday, May 17- 11:00 am Tickets are $25 Contact Joy Schwartz at 620 672-7553
Security in the Workplace Learning Luncheon Tuesday, May 20 – 12:00 Noon Pratt Regional Medical Center – Stanion Room Chuck Clanahan, Kansas Protective Security Advisor/U.S. Department of Homeland Security will be presenting: “See Something, Say Something”, Active Shooter & Cybersecurity Please RSVP to [email protected]
Pratt Community Concert Association presents John Davidson Thursday, May 22 – 7:00 pm Pratt Community College – Carpenter Auditorium http://www.johndavidson.com/main.html
Pratt Area Humane Society – 2nd Annual Color Me Fun Run Saturday, May 31 – Pratt County Lake 9:00 am www.prattareahs.org Registration is $40
BINGO at Pratt Elks Lodge #1451 – 1103 W. 5th Every Monday beginning at 7:00 pm Entry is free and open to the public.
Prairie Independent Living Center, Inc. 400 South Main (large conference room) Living Well Series 1:30 – 3:00 pm ADHD – First Tuesday of Every Month Diabetes – Third Tuesday of Every Month
What’s Happening @ Your Library for March (Pratt Public Library)
- PreSchool Story Time (ages 3 – 5 years) – Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Toddler Time (ages 0 – 2 years + mom/caregiver) – Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Tween Tuesdays @ Your Library April 22 – 3:45 p.m. Movie – Bridge to Terabithia (96 minutes)
- After Hours @ Your Library – Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. April 22 – Places & choices book discussion – “The Wind is Not A River” by Brian Payton
- K-4 Fun @ Your Library – Every Thursday after school from 4 – 4:45 p.m. April 24 – Learn about Vermi composting
- Tech Thursdays – 5:30 pm April 24 – Mac Laptop Basic Class
Pratt Community College Beaver Building Day Wednesday, April 23 – 11:15 am – 1:30 p.m. Fall registration, pre-enrollment, advising, financial aid, campus tours.
Join Pratt Community College “Under the Big Top” on April 25th at 6:00 pm at the Pratt 4-H Center for this annual fundraiser supporting the scholarship fund for PCC students. The carnival of excitement includes dinner, raffles, a silent auction and a live auction, as well as a thrilling performance by PCC’s own vocal ensemble, Encore! Tickets are $25 for individuals and $40 for couples. Tickets will be sold beforehand and at the door, but seating is limited. Reserve your tickets by contacting Foundation Director Ann Ruder or calling 620-450-2179.
Tractor safety for 14, 15 year olds by Pratt Community College, along with K-State Research and Extension Saturday, April 26 – 7:30 am – 6:00 pm – Cost is $40.00 (covers lunch and workbook) Ag Power Technology Building on PCC’s campus “This course certifies 14 and 15 year-olds to drive ag equipment for others families, which is required by the state,” said Rod Stewart, instructor. “On top of that, it doesn’t hurt anyone to have this training. It is good for all students that age.” For more information or to reserve a seat, please contact the Pratt County extension office at 620.672.6121.
Financial Aid Education Night Tuesday, April 29 – 6 – 8:30 p.m. Information about financial aid, grants, scholarships, and loans, question and answer panel with students, and assistance filing FAFSA with financial aid staff members.
Academic Awards Ceremony Thursday, May 1 – 7 – 8:30 p.m. This ceremony acknowledges faculty-recommended students for their academic achievements. A reception will be held in the Upper Commons following the ceremony.
Pratt Community College Men’s Baseball
- Friday, April 18 – 2:00 pm – Butler County
- Saturday, April 19 – 2:00 pm – Butler County
- Tuesday, April 29 – 4:00 pm – Hutchinson Community
Rolla Rena Public Skate Sessions
Be sure to register for KIDS SKATE FREE at www.kidsskatefree.com
- New After School Skate session! Wednesdays, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m., $5 per skater, all skaters welcome. (Kids Skate Free passes are accepted for this session.)
- Upcoming special sessions Easter weekend! Good Friday skate: come see the Easter Bunny, get your picture taken with him and pick a lucky prize egg from his basket! 1:00-5:00 $8.00 includes quad rental skates & free drink at snack bar. & prize egg!
- Friday 7:00-10:00 pm, Saturday 2:00-10:00 pm – $6.00 admission + $1.00 skate rental
- Also open Monday, April 21st – schools out skate day. Open to all ages. 1:00 – 5:00 pm $8.00 includes quad rental skates & free drink at snack bar!!
The Chamber will be putting together 88 Welcome Bags for the Miss Kansas contestants, mothers/pageant directors and Miss Teen Kansas contestants. Please help me extend them a very warm welcome to our beautiful city. If you would like to make a contribution to the welcome bags or need some ideas, please let me know. We will need your submissions by May 21st.
Pratt Young Professionals – A vibrant group of Pratt’s young business people (21-40ish) who host a variety of community service, social, and philanthropic events throughout the year. Individuals passionate about their career and the Pratt Community are encouraged to join. Membership applications are available at the Chamber of Commerce office. A few of their upcoming events include:
- April 24, 2014 – Monthly dinner with host Rochelle Westerhaus at the public library.
- May 3, 2014 – Spring Community Service Projects: PYP will be out in full force this spring to help out in the community. If any individuals or groups are in need of outdoor services, please contact the Chamber of Commerce to inquire as to how PYP may assist. PYP plans to help with the Downtown Farmer’s Market and has done painting, yard and house clean-up, food drives, and adopt-a-highway for past projects, among others.
- July 12, 2014 – Movie in the Park event. PYP will once again be showing a movie in conjunction with the downtown sidewalk sale. Movie time starts around dusk
Quarterly Breakfast – Is your business expanding, doing new & inventive things, or you just want to have coffee with your Chamber friends? The Chamber is looking for a host for our next Quarterly Breakfast to be held in May or June. If you are interested, please let me know.