Pratt Area Humane Society 2nd Annual Color Me Fun Run Saturday, May 31 – Pratt County Lake 9:00 am www.prattareahs.org Registration is $40
The Miss Kansas contestants arrive in Pratt on Sunday, June 1, if you have signs or banners welcoming them and their families to Pratt, please remember to put them up! Miss Kansas & Miss Teen Kansas June 5, 6 & 7 Pratt welcomes the Miss Kansas and Miss Teen contestants and their families & friends to our beautiful city! Tickets are available by visiting www.misskansas.org or with the ticket order form in the Pratt Tribune.
- Miss Kansas Pageant June 5, 6, & 7 – 7:30 p.m. Pratt Community College – Lesh Arena
- Miss Teen Kansas Pageant Friday June 6 Preliminary – 3:00 Carpenter Auditorium
- Saturday June 7 – Finals – 2:00 Lesh Arena Pratt Community College
Miss Kansas Volunteer Opportunities – If you would like to volunteer at one of the many events taking place the week of June 1 – 8th please contact Sharon Will at 672-8051. Volunteers are especially needed on June 1 at 10:00 a.m. to help with unloading and set up and on June 8 with clean up and reloading. Those who help with these events will get to have a special meal with the current Miss Kansas.
Miss Kansas Parade – Downtown Pratt Saturday, June 7 – 10:00 a.m. After the parade, Miss Kansas contestants will be signing autographs at various businesses downtown.
Want to be in the Miss Kansas Parade? Contact Andrea Polf at [email protected] or (620) 213-1006 for more information.
First United Methodist Church Ice Cream Social Saturday, June 7 after the parade Sloppy Joes & ice cream Suggested donation $6.00
Pratt Regional Medical Center – Health Fair Friday, June 6 – 7:00 am – 9:30 am Pratt Internal Medicine Group, 420 Country Club Road
- Chemistry Profile – $21, Blood test that helps determine a person’s general health status. (CMP, Lipid, CBC w/o Auto Diff) Fasting required.
- TSH & T4,Free – $8, Thyroid blood tests
- PSA – $15, Blood test for prostate cancer for men
- HgbA1c – $19, Diabetes blood test
- Vitamin D 25-OH – $45
Free: Blood pressure check. Vein and cosmetic screening by cosmetic surgeon Dr. Stephanie Oberhelman. Overactive bladder information from gynecologist Dr. Luis Espinoza. General foot health screening by foot surgeon Dr. Scott Gordon. Health information from Pratt Family Practice.
South Wind Hospice 3rd Annual Golf Tournament Sunday, June 8 – Noon Tee Time Park Hills Golf Course $200 per team; $50 cart rental; $15 trail fee Space is limited so give one of these ladies a call to reserve your spot! Beth Montei 672-2375, Terryl Henderson 770-0429, Brenda Ford 770-2782, Joy Schwartz 672-7553, Hannah Ritz 316-259-0924
Chamber of Commerce Quarterly Breakfast Thursday, June 12 – 7:30 am A Full House – 516 S. Main Street
White Elephant Bingo Saturday, June 14 – 2:00 pm First Baptist Church – 121 S. Ninnescah Questions contact Pastor Steven (620) 803-9676
Vernon Filley Art Museum Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting Sunday, June 29 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm Free and Open to the public www.vernonfilleyartmuseum.org Call for Art Teachers: please visit the Filley website to fill out an application or email Amy Clarkson ([email protected]) education committee chair, for more information Call for Volunteers: Fill out an interest form at: www.vernonfilleyartmuseum.org/join/volunteer/
Pratt Sidewalk Sale Saturday, July 12 – 8:30 am – 2:00 pm We are starting to plan this year’s sidewalk sale! If you would like to be a part of this community event, please give me a call at 672-5501.
BINGO at Pratt Elks Lodge #1451 – 1103 W. 5th Every Monday beginning at 7:00 pm Entry is free and open to the public. Food service will now be available!
Prairie Independent Living Center, Inc. 400 South Main (large conference room)
- Living Well Series 1:30 – 3:00 pm
- ADHD – First Tuesday of Every Month
- Diabetes – Third Tuesday of Every Month
What’s Happening @ Your Library for June
- PreSchool Story Time (ages 3 – 5 years) – Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Toddler Time (ages 0 – 2 years + mom/caregiver) – Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m
- Tween Tuesdays @ Your Library – 2:00 pm June 3 – Seed paper shapes
- After Hours @ Your Library – Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. June 3 – His Hands Puppets USO Show
- K-4 Fun @ Your Library – Every Thursday at 2:00 pm. June 5 – Fizz! Boom! Bugs!
- Tech Thursdays – 5:30 pm June 5 – Microsoft Word Basics Class
- Summer Movie Day – Friday 12:00 Noon June 6 – The Croods (96 Minutes)
Rolla Rena Public Skate Sessions
Be sure to register for KIDS SKATE FREE at www.kidsskatefree.com
- Tuesdays – 9:30-11:30am *** 8:00-10:00pm
- Wednesday – 8:00-10:00pm
- Thursday – 9:30-11:30am (rec. dept. skate June 5 & 19, July3)
- sign up with the rec. dept. and save $1.00!! walk ins welcome.
- all sessions $6.00 includes quad rental skates, in-lines add $2.00
- dress cool & comfortable, its summer it may be warm.
- follow us on Facebook
Compassion in Action from the American Red Cross: Help people affected by disasters like tornados, storms and countless other crises by making a gift to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from disasters big and small. Visit www.redcross.org/donate or call our local Red Cross office at (620) 672-3651.
South Wind Hospice Thrift Shop will be celebrating their 10th Anniversary June 11th-14th. The agency wants to express their gratitude to volunteers, donors, customers and the community for their support of the Thrift Shop these past 10 years. There will be refreshments, games and prizes, drawings, daily specials and sales all week. Be sure to stop in. Wednesday-Sat from 10am to 6pm.
Pratt Young Professionals – A vibrant group of Pratt’s young business people (21-40ish) who host a variety of community service, social, and philanthropic events throughout the year. Individuals passionate about their career and the Pratt Community are encouraged to join. Membership applications are available at the Chamber of Commerce office.
Spring Cleaning? If you need an extra trash pick-up from the City, call Sanitation at 672-2515 or City Hall at 672-6446 to arrange a special pickup for a small fee. Or if you have gently used appliances, housewares or furniture you would like to donate, contact Pass it Forward Ministries. You can visit their website at www.passitforwardpratt.com to find a listing of what they can and can’t accept. Pratt Young Professionals are also looking for projects around the community, if you have an idea or need help, call the chamber and I will get you in touch with one of them. Let’s all keep Pratt beautiful!
Agape Health Clinic will be open on June 4 instead of June 7th. We have moved the clinic to the first Wednesday of the month instead of the first Saturday. This will allow the physician weekends with their families during the summer months. The hours for Wednesday night are from 4 to 8 p.m. We ask them to be registered by 7 p.m.