Race Across America This is an annual event that has been held every year since 1982. Cyclists from around the world compete to see who will be the fastest to pedal 3,000 miles coast-to-coast across the USA. Be on the lookout for cyclists who will be traveling through Pratt mid-June.
Vernon Filley Art Museum Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting Sunday, June 29 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm Free and Open to the public www.vernonfilleyartmuseum.org
- Call for Art Teachers: please visit the Filley website to fill out an application or email Amy Clarkson ([email protected]) education committee chair, for more information
- Call for Volunteers: Fill out an interest form at: www.vernonfilleyartmuseum.org/join/volunteer/
Meet & Greet with Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt Thursday, July 10 – 9:00 am – 10:00 am Blue Moon Coffee House – 210 S. Main Street
Pratt Sidewalk Sale Saturday, July 12 – 8:30 am – 2:00 pm We are starting to plan this year’s sidewalk sale! If you would like to be a part of this community event, please give me a call at 672-5501.
Pratt Young Professionals Movie in the Park Saturday, July 12 at Lemons Park – Family activities begin at 7:00 pm & the movie will begin at dusk. This year’s movie is Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Activities include bubble gum blowing contest, costume contest, sidewalk chalk contest, face painting and much more!
Pratt County Fair July 23 – 26 Memberships are now on sale, contact a 4-H Member to get yours today! Pride of Texas Shows Carnival 6:00 – 11:00 pm Daily Wednesday 8:00 pm –Jake Gill, FREE concert at the Livestock Showbarn Thursday 8:45 pm – Keith Leff, Magician – FREE show at the Livestock Showbarn Friday 7:30 pm – Demolition Derby Saturday 8:00 pm – Concert with Kevin Fowler For a complete list of times and activities, visit www.pratt.ksu.edu
Southwest Truck Parts 17th Annual Charity Mud Run Saturday, August 2 Details coming soon!
BINGO at Pratt Elks Lodge #1451 – 1103 W. 5th Every Monday beginning at 7:00 pm Entry is free and open to the public. Food service will now be available!
Prairie Independent Living Center, Inc. 400 South Main (large conference room)
- Living Well Series 1:30 – 3:00 pm
- ADHD – First Tuesday of Every Month
- Diabetes – Third Tuesday of Every Month
What’s Happening @ Your Library – June
- PreSchool Story Time (ages 3 – 5 years) – Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Toddler Time (ages 0 – 2 years + mom/caregiver) – Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Tween Tuesdays @ Your Library – 2:00 pm June 17 – Water Bottle Rockets
- K-4 Fun @ Your Library – Every Thursday at 2:00 pm. June 19 – Fizz! Boom! Pop!
- Tech Thursdays – 5:30 pm June 19 – Microsoft Publisher Basics Class
- Summer Movie Day – Friday at 12:00 Noon June 20 – Gnomeo & Juliet (84 minutes)
Rolla Rena Public Skate Sessions Be sure to register for KIDS SKATE FREE at www.kidsskatefree.com
- Tuesdays – 9:30-11:30am *** 8:00-10:00pm
- Wednesday – 8:00-10:00pm
- Thursday – 9:30-11:30am (rec. dept. skate June 5 & 19, July3)
Sign up with the rec. dept. and save $1.00!! Walk ins welcome. all sessions $6.00 includes quad rental skates, in-lines add $2.00 dress cool & comfortable, its summer it may be warm. follow us on Facebook
Compassion in Action from the American Red Cross: Help people affected by disasters like tornados, storms and countless other crises by making a gift to the American Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from disasters big and small. Visit www.redcross.org/donate or call our local Red Cross office at (620) 672-3651.
Agape Health Clinic – We have moved the clinic to the first Wednesday of the month instead of the first Saturday. This will allow the physician weekends with their families during the summer months. The hours for Wednesday night are from 4 to 8 p.m. We ask them to be registered by 7 p.m.
If your business or organization has an event coming up, please email me at [email protected] so I can include the details in our weekly e-blast.