Vernon Filley Art Museum Grand Opening & Ribbon Cutting Sunday, June 29 from 2:00 – 5:00 pm Free and Open to the public www.vernonfilleyartmuseum.org
Meet & Greet with Todd Tiahrt – Candidate for Kansas’ Fourth District Congressional seat Tuesday, July 1 – 6:30 pm Community Center, 619 N. Main Street www.toddtiahrt.com
Meet & Greet with Kansas Attorney General Derek Schmidt Thursday, July 10 – 9:00 am – 10:00 am Blue Moon Coffee House – 210 S. Main Street http://ag.ks.gov/
Pratt Sidewalk Sale Saturday, July 12 – 8:30 am – 2:00 pm A day of family fun and red hot deals! The Lions Club train, dunk tank, Pratt Area Humane Society, Kansas National Guard, photo booth, Jr. Leadership car wash and much more! Plus a chance to win prizes which include 5 golden tickets worth $100 in Chamber Bucks plus much more! Free hamburgers & hotdogs starting at 11:30!
Pratt Young Professionals Movie in the Park Saturday, July 12 at Lemons Park – Family activities begin at 7:00 pm & the movie will begin at dusk. This year’s movie is Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Activities include bubble gum blowing contest, costume contest, sidewalk chalk contest, face painting and much more!
- Pride of Texas Shows Carnival 6:00 – 11:00 pm
- Daily Wednesday 8:00 pm –Jake Gill, FREE concert at the Livestock Showbarn
- Thursday 8:45 pm – Keith Leff, Magician – FREE show at the Livestock Showbarn
- Friday 7:30 pm – Demolition Derby
- Saturday 8:00 pm – Concert with Kevin Fowler
For a complete list of times and activities, visit www.pratt.ksu.edu
Southwest Truck Parts 17th Annual Charity Mud Run Saturday, August 2 Details coming soon!
Save the Date! The Pratt Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting its Annual Celebration on Thursday, October 23rd!
Prairie Independent Living Center, Inc. 400 South Main (large conference room)
- Living Well Series 1:30 – 3:00 pm
- ADHD – First Tuesday of Every Month
- Diabetes – Third Tuesday of Every Month
What’s Happening @ Your Library – June
- PreSchool Story Time (ages 3 – 5 years) – Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Toddler Time (ages 0 – 2 years + mom/caregiver) – Tuesdays at 10:00 a.m.
- Tween Tuesdays @ Your Library – 2:00 pm June 24 – Create your own modern art
- After Hours @ Your Library – Tuesday evenings at 7:00 p.m. June 24 – Book discussion – “The Invention of Wings” by Sue Monk Kidd
- K-4 Fun @ Your Library – Every Thursday at 2:00 pm. June 26 – Zoo Reach with animals from the Sedgwick County Zoo
- Tech Thursdays – 5:30 pm June 26 – Microsoft Excel Basics Class
- Summer Movie Day – Friday at 12:00 Noon June 27 – Monsters University (104 minutes
Rolla Rena Public Skate Sessions Be sure to register for KIDS SKATE FREE at www.kidsskatefree.com
- Tuesdays – 9:30-11:30am *** 8:00-10:00pm
- Wednesday – 8:00-10:00pm
- Thursday – 9:30-11:30am (rec. dept. skate June 5 & 19, July3)
Sign up with the rec. dept. and save $1.00!! walk ins welcome.
All sessions $6.00 includes quad rental skates, in-lines add $2.00
Dress cool & comfortable, its summer it may be warm.
The Pratt Health Coalition meets on the first Wednesday of every month to discuss how we can encourage healthy lifestyles in Pratt. Right now we are working on bicycle rack placement, sidewalk expansion, trail expansion, a community activity map and the WorkWell project. Anyone who would like to attend and help build a healthy environment in Pratt is welcome to attend.
Any business interested in improving employee attitudes, attendance and production may be interested in sending up to two employees to the upcoming WorkWell KS Conference at PRMC. If you have employees who would like to be Champions for a healthy work environment, consider sending them to the WorkWell KS Conference at PRMC on July 15th and 16th for a nominal cost. If you are interested in attending please contact DeWayne Bryan at the Pratt Health Foundation (620) 672-6411 for registration information.
Agape Health Clinic – We have moved the clinic to the first Wednesday of the month instead of the first Saturday. This will allow the physician weekends with their families during the summer months. The hours for Wednesday night are from 4 to 8 p.m. We ask them to be registered by 7 p.m.