- Gates open at 12:00 Noon – Run starts at 3:00 pm
- Admission $6.00 (Under 6 free) – Registration from 12:00 – 2:00 pm
Primary Elections – Tuesday, August 5
- City of Pratt residents vote at the Community Center, 619 N. Main Street
- County residents vote at the Church of Christ, 320 Country Club Road.
- Tuesday, August 5, is a very important day—it’s an election day for the primaries. The winner of the primaries will then either advance to the November general election or win the elected seat out-right. The polls are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. You must present a government-issued pho-to ID each time you vote in Kansas. Valid IDs include your driver’s license, nondriver ID card, U.S. passport or Kansas college ID. Visit www.gotvoterid.com for a full list and more information.
Dance Benefit for Leukemia, Lymphoma Society Friday, August 15 – 8:30 pm – 12:30 am. Elks Lodge – 1103 W. Fifth Street
Relay for Life Friday, August 22 – Zerger Field
Theme: Finish the Fight!
For more details, contact Ann Ruder at (620) 450-2179, (620) 388-6420 or [email protected]
Quarterly Breakfast at the Vernon Filley Art Museum
Thursday, August 28 – 7:30 am
Ride for the Red – Saturday, September 6
12th Annual Ride for the Red Charity Run! You’ll enjoy an approximate 100 mile ride, free lunch and a chance to win the top prize! For more information contact Donna Meier-Pfeifer at [email protected] or (620) 672-3651
Horizons Mental Health Center presents Breaking Barriers, Resorting Hope! A workshop designed to destigmatize mental health issues. Thursday, September 11
Ramada Hotel & Convention Center – Hutchinson. For registration and details visit www.regonline.com/breakingbarriers
Save the Dates!
- Pratt Community College Rodeo – October 3, 4, & 5
- The Pratt Area Chamber of Commerce will be hosting its Annual Celebration on Thursday, October 23rd!
Prairie Independent Living Center, Inc.
400 South Main (large conference room)
Living Well Series 1:30 – 3:00 pm
ADHD – First Tuesday of Every Month
Diabetes – Third Tuesday of Every Month
What’s Happening @ Your Library – August
- PreSchool Story Time (ages 3 – 5 years) – Mondays and Thursdays at 10:00 am
- Toddler Time (ages 0 – 2 years + mom/caregiver) – Tuesdays at 10:00 am
- 2nd Tuesday Craft Class @ Your Library – 2:00 pm
- August 12 – Crocheted Scarves II
- After Hours @ Your Library – 7:00 pm
- August 12 – Crocheted Scarves II
- Tech Thursdays – 5:30 pm
- August 7 – Apple eLibrary Class
- August 14 – Android eLibrary Class
- Annual Book Sale! Tuesday, August 19 – Saturday, August 23
Vernon Filley Art Museum:
For Museum Hours and Admission Fees, please visit www.vernonfilleyartmuseum.org
- August 22 to November 30th: Guest Exhibit “Kansas Ties” from the Birger Sandzén Memorial Gallery, Lindsborg KS Details at www.vernonfilleyartmuseum.org
- Announcing Museum Docent Guided tours the First Saturday of Every month beginning at 1:30 p.m. 10% discounts for groups of 10 or more.
- August 11th and 12th: The Filley Art Museum will host Dr. Al Lyons, a non-profit and community leadership consultant from Bloomington, Indiana.
- Monday August 12th, at 7pm: Dr. Lyons will give a presentation at the Filley Art Museum focused on the growing role of nonprofits in community and economic development.
- August 22 to November 30th: Guest Exhibit “Kansas Ties” from the Birger Sandzén Memorial Gallery, Lindsborg KS
Details at www.vernonfilleyartmuseum.org
- Friday August 22nd, at 7pm: Member’s Exhibit Opening and Reception:
- Saturday August 23rd, 10:00am-5:00pm: Public Exhibit Opening- Special Hours!
Rolla Rena Public Skate Sessions
Be sure to register for KIDS SKATE FREE at www.kidsskatefree.com
- Tuesdays – 9:30-11:30am *** 8:00-10:00pm
- Wednesday – 8:00-10:00pm
- Thursday – 9:30-11:30am (rec. dept. skate June 5 & 19, July3)
- sign up with the rec. dept. and save $1.00!! walk ins welcome.
- all sessions $6.00 includes quad rental skates, in-lines add $2.00
- dress cool & comfortable, its summer it may be warm.